Happy Birthday to Me
Since I don’t have a guild of authors contributing to this site… no one’s really gonna write this very EPIC entry. So; I thought I’d do it. Nothing says “vanity” like plastering “Happy Birthday” on your own blog. Well; the main point is I’m kind of doing this as my “historical documents” [Galaxy Quest reference]. Today, May 6, 2009, I am thirty years of age… and boy have I been through the wringer! It’s mainly due to my personality type… A lot has happen, good and bad, but overall I’m very happy with where I am in life and the achievements I have.
Achievements… That I Can Recall
- Has a healthy marriage. So far we’ve lasted 5 years and plan to continue.
- Somehow- I’ve obtained three beautiful children (3, 2, newborn).
- Had a vasectomy so I don’t obtain any more beautiful children.
- Home ownership – My wife and I bought a townhouse in Fairburn, GA on May 1st.
- Very low debt rate. I can only account that to my wife. I like my tech toys and pleasing my insatiability impulsive characteristic. Because of my wife’s discipline, I’ve been able to not get into frivolous debt.
- I have a real career! I’m actually considered a “professional” at something. My overall trade is web development and right now I work as the “Web Team Lead” for the National Center for Zoonotic, Vector-Borne, and Enteric Diseases (NCZVED) at a government agency, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). That looks pretty cool on my resume.
- I’m running Linux (Fedora) on my desktop as my full-time operating system. I dual-boot with Windows to play video games though.
- Found out that Star Wars Day is two days before my birthday and the original Star Wars was released May 25, 1977. Good things happen in May!
Overall; I’m happy. My wife is talking about getting me a big screen television soon, so I’m even more happy. Things are looking up. So; enjoy yourself on my birthday. Everything’s on the house!